The recent negative economic and financial events, which have hit the world economies in the last decade, call for new and innovative studies mainly in economics, business and finance, involving different research fields such as Economics, Psychology, or strictly related social sciences, leading source for original research on the interplay of those fields within Artificial Intelligence. The organisers and chairs of DECON strongly believe that this is a moral duty, as well as a scientific duty, for a prudent and wise economist aware of the complexity of the real world in which he/she lives and works in the Third Millennium. Indeed, the combination of economics and decision sciences is a field of studies which proves to be useful and, thus, should be fostered to academicians and practitioners interested in the application of quantitative and behavioural methods to the problems of society. The special session focuses on interdisciplinary approaches to the study of economic analysis and policies within several major areas. Hence, papers are invited for the following areas of special interest which include but are not limited to:
- Computation and Computability in Economics; Decision Sciences and the Economics of Uncertainty; Logic and Algorithmic Social Sciences Research;
- Experimental Research in Economics; Behavioural Game Theory; Cognitive Economics; Data Science; Interrelations of Economics and Psychology with AI;
- The complexity of Behavioural Decision Processes; Microfoundations and Micro-Macro Relationships; Organisational Decision-Making;
- Decision Support Systems and Business Decisions; Business Intelligence Analytics and Decision-Making; AI and Robotics;
- Managerial Decision-Making; Complex Business Environments; Information Technology and Operational Decision Sciences.
All papers must be formatted according to the AISC template, with a maximum length of 10 pages (4 pages in Doctoral Consortium), including figures and references:
All proposed papers must be submitted in electronic form (PDF format) using the DECON congress management system.
DECON welcomes the submission of application papers with preference to the topics listed in the call for papers. All submitted papers will undergo a thorough review process; each paper will be refereed by at least three experts in the field based on relevance, originality, significance, quality and clarity.
The papers must consist of original, relevant and previously unpublished sound research results related to any of the topics of the conference
Accepted papers will be included in DECON Proceedings. At least one of the authors will be required to register and attend the symposium to present the paper in order to include the paper in the conference proceedings. All accepted papers will be published by AISC of Springer Verlag.